Sunday, September 21, 2008

God hasn't spoken to me that directly in such a long time.
After last night's chat. This morning's sermon came at a PERFECT timing. Right in the mids of the storm, God called out to me.

I realised that what i'm going through really isn't a tad as bad as what daniel went through in Babylon. The guys there were out to KILL him.

Jeremiah 29 : 7-14

7.But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare. 8.For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel : Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are among you deceive you, and do not listen to the dreams that they dream, 9 for it is a lie that they are proophesying to you in my name; I did not send them, says the Lord.

10. For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, i will visit you, and i will fulfil to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11. For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and i will hear you. 13. You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart, 14. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from whilch I sent you into exile.



Dear God, I'm going to wait these two years for you to bring me home. But during my time here, in my own Babylon, I pray that you'll make me a daniel in this foreign land. Help me to Love as you have Loved.



1 Chorintians 13: 1-7

1. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2. And if i have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3. If I give away all I have, and f I deliver my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4. Love is PATIENT and KIND; Love is NOT JEALOUS or BOASTFUL; 5. It is NOT ARROGANT or RUDE. Love DOES NOT INSIST ON ITS OWN WAY; it is NOT IRRITABLE or RESENTFUL; 6. It DOES NOT REJOICE AT WRONG, but REJOICES IN RIGHTEOUSNESS. 7. Love BEARS all things, BELIEVES all things, HOPES all things, ENDURES all things.

Dear God. Thank you for teaching me how to love specifically. Help me to practice this in my Babylon until you call me home again.

No comments: